Monday, June 15, 2015

4.5 Days in The Big Easy

For the first eleven years of my career as a photographer, as a working photojournalist, I shot 99% of my work on 35mm Kodak Tri-X film. Because of that I’ve always had a real soft spot in my heart for that look. It has some teeth and some credibility.

I don’t consider it a particularly easy thing to achieve shooting digitally.

When I go on vacation, I go to relax more than to shoot pictures. I just shoot what I think is interesting, especially if it doesn’t involve me getting up out of my seat. I mostly go to take in the moments, instead of feeling compelled to record them.

During our four and a half day stay in New Orleans, however, I did get a few images that I like, and which I think work reasonably well in gritty black and white…

I will be the first to admit that if you’re a photographer looking for these kinds of subjects, New Orleans is low hanging fruit. There are just so many great faces, musicians, and unfolding events nearly everywhere you go.

Also, if there is a better city anywhere for food, I don’t know where that would be. No shortage of good beers, either.

And then, there's the music!



































No comments:

Post a Comment